Thursday, April 14, 2022

The Gift of Time

A friend suggested that I watch the movie Collateral Beauty starring Will Smith, Edward Norton and Helen Mirren.  If you watch it, bring Kleenex.

One of the themes of the movie is that time is a gift.  And I would say, yes, it sure is.  Time is a gift.

To help someone with their homework.  To sit in church with a friend.  To sit across a table at the Olive Garden or restaurant of your choice.  To listen to music together.  To go for a walk.  To spend some time on the phone catching up.  To play a game of cards.  To work on your car's brakes together.

When we give another person the gift of our time, we are showing love.  

My buddy Paul called yesterday and asked when I was coming back to KC.  He misses me.

Time is a gift.  Appreciate it.  Savor every day that you have.  Give your time to those whom you love.

And if you watch that movie, grab your Kleenex.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure

No comments: