Tuesday, August 16, 2022

a day in the life

So I have been working part time for a construction company as a fill in superintendent.  When someone is sick or is on vacation, or if the company has tons of work, they call me to fill in.

I am absolutely loving the work.  Here is a typical day in the life...

Wake up at the hotel.

Shower

Breakfast of Raisin Bran and 2% milk.

Drive to Lowes.  Get supplies.

Drive to the job.

Meet our team and subcontractors.  Our team is typically 2-4 carpenters who will do demolition, minor construction, wall repairs, etc.  Subcontractors work on electrical, plumbing, and such.  During the day, I help with various projects and run for supplies.  I solved problems and am the face of the company to the shop owner.

I spend parts the day keeping our guys lined up with work.  Peering ahead to make sure that everyone has what they need to keep at it.  If the plumber needs an area cleared to perform a task, I don't wait until the last minute.  I make sure that by the time he is in that area, the area is ready for him.

We work from 8-5 usually.  I eat Subway for lunch and at the closest restaurant for dinner.  At night I watch Netflix and work on the computer.

I absolutely love it.  I feel like I am making a difference in the world!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: