Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Nothing new


Eccl 1:9 "There is nothing new under the sun."

I have known of this scripture for most of my life.  It reminds me that when I have a thought that is new, it is not new.  It may be new to me, but it is not a new thought.  It has been discovered and passed on, learned, lost and learned again for centuries.

There is nothing new under the sun.

So when someone reads something that I have written and wants to use it, I say of course.  Everything that I write, everything that I say, I have learned from someone else.

In my life my teachers have been

Anthony Demello
Richard Rohr
Dan Horn
Rob Bell
Bob Tuttle
Pat Stark
Peter Rollins
Shane Claiborne
Brian McClaren and many others.  

When I quote someone directly I always try to reference them.  But regardless, there is nothing new under the sun.  No new thoughts.  Just thoughts that have been known and passed down.  If there is something, anything here that you wish to use, ever, please do.

It is not mine, it all came from someone else.  There is nothing new under the sun.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: