Sunday, August 21, 2022

I know what is going to happen

In my old age I have finally figured something out:  I know what is going to happen.

Batman may be losing the fight, but in the end, he is going to win.  Superman will eventually escape the kryptonite and save the day.  In fact, part of almost every plot is good news, bad news, good news.  It may look bleak for the hero/heroine at points, but by movie's end, it will all be ok.

This knowledge has helped me when I am watching tense movies, thrillers and such.

It has also helped me in life.  I am not worried about the future.  I know how it will end.  I know that when the time comes, I will be met by a loving God.  His mercy endures forever.  I don't have to worry about anything.  I am loved now, and I will be loved in eternity- not because I said a prayer or followed the denominational formula, but because God is love.

God is love.  That is what he does.  That is what he is.  No need to worry.  Fall into his grace.  Life will beat you up if you let it.  Bad theology will deliver guilt if you accept it.  But in the end, love wins.

Worry less.  Live more.  Love all.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: