Sunday, August 7, 2022

Paying Attention

So I am driving my shopping cart through the grocery store on N. 27th St. in Lincoln, Nebraska.  I have never been in this store before.  It is kind of a warehouse store and the shelves are really tall.  I am looking for the signs to direct me to the proper aisle.

Suddenly... plop!!!  My cart is in a hole!  There is a bang and a crash and I look at the front of my cart.  I have driven it into a hole.  


Yes.  Right here in the store, marked off with orange cones is a nice hole to trap shoppers.  Actually it will only trap shoppers who are not paying attention.

I was able to pull my cart out and go on.

But... how many of us go through life without paying attention.  We cannot find our keys because we were not paying attention to where we set them down.  We lose touch with a friend because we forgot about them.  We miss joy and meaning and hope because we are not focused on seeing the good.

There are many pitfalls in this life.  Most of them are not marked out with cones.  You have to pay attention to avoid them.  And you have to pay attention to see the good.

May we all pay a little more attention.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: