Thursday, August 18, 2022

How are you doing?

I asked someone how they were doing. They hesitated. "alright, I guess," they said.
I pushed on them.

I asked, did you wake up today? answer was yes.
Are you healthy? answer was yes.
Does your car start and run? answer was yes.
Does someone love you? answer was yes.
I told them that this was 4 pretty good and solid positive signs that they were ok.

Then another friend asked, what about those who don't have all 4.  What if their car is having trouble?  What if they are sick?  What if no one loves them?

Ok, friend #2 had me.  Yes things happen and we can get stuck.  It isn't going well for everyone.  But if you woke up, your car runs, you are generally healthy and someone loves you, I want to encourage you to throw a party.  No grousing if you have those 4 things going for you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: