Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Versions of Christianity

There are a number of versions of Christianity.  The one that I grew up on, which is still prevalent today is the version that divides everything into two groups:

right vs wrong
good vs bad
heaven vs hell
in vs out
republican vs democrat
pro choice vs prolife
on it goes.

There is a problem with this version of Christianity.  And I am sad to say that I discovered this way too late in life.  But there is are problems with this version.

The problem is that it divides people, it can become hateful, it does not represent the spirit of Jesus, and it creates people who are on the warpath to fix things.

Sometimes you have to, I have to, stop trying to fix people and just love them instead.  It is God's job after all, to fix them.

Let's work on loving them.  That is plenty of a challenge for me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: