Thursday, September 1, 2022

Heat in Florida

People [usually in Kansas City] ask me how I deal with the heat in Florida.  I like to tell them that when it is 92 in Florida, it is probably 92 in Kansas City.  I like to make it sound the same, but it is not.

We are so much further south than Kansas City [my home town] that the temperature may be the same, but the sun is at a much sharper angle.  This is why it feels hotter.  Vero Beach is further south than Brownsville, TX and Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are further south yet.

Anyway, here is how I deal with heat.  Our house is on the East side of the road.  So in the morning, I work in the front [in the shade] and in the afternoon, I work in the back [in the shade].

I also take precautions.  Sunscreen, long sleeve air shirts, big floppy hats, and a swimming pool when I get hot.  


working in the shade

gutter guard install in process

job finished!!!

Pool, here I come!!!

All in all, I am making it work.  And I guess in life, we need to learn how to make things work.  Some things cannot be changed and so we need to learn to adapt.  The temperature won't always suit me.  The world won't always align itself to make me happy.  So we need to adapt.  We need to learn to go with the flow and accept the things that we cannot change.

It's a beautiful 92 degree day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: