Saturday, September 10, 2022

Thank You!!!

As I write this, I just woke up.  I woke up at the Fairfield Inn, in Dallas.  The first thought on my mind after I woke up was "Thank you."

It's a prayer.  Thank you that I got to wake up today.

I love the prayer that only says, thank you.  Look at it for a moment.  Sit under it, as my friend Bob Fillmore would say.  Sit under it.  Ponder it.  

Thank you.

It is a prayer that is completely void of self interest.  And we must admit, most of our prayers are full of self interest.  God bless mommy and daddy and sister and brother.  God please heal so and so.  God please fix my car.  God must feel like Jim Carey in Bruce Almighty, just completely inundated with random often selfish requests.

Anyway, the simple prayer, "thank you" is completely selfless.  And we can pray it every moment of every day.  In fact, when we do so, it turns our attitude around.  

Thank you that I woke up.
Thank you that I get to go home today.
Thank you for the ability to work.
Thank you that I can go to church on Sunday.
Thank you that my friends are coming to visit.
Thank you!!!

Enough said.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to say thank you.

No comments: