Sunday, September 4, 2022

For or against?



I would like to live my life being for something instead of being against something.  

I see people who expend an awful lot of negative energy being against one thing or another. I want my life to be for something. I want it to be for love, for kindness, for generosity, for welcome, inclusion and the embracing of others. 

But as a realist I note that in order for my life to be for those things, my life needs to be against racism, hatred, selfish behavior, and the like.  I guess if they’re going to be things to be against in life, those aren’t bad things to be against. And I can be against them in ways that are kind and gracious. You don’t have to be hateful to be against selfishness. We can just kindly remind people of the importance of showing grace, love, and kindness. 

If you find that your life is being filled with negativity and what you’re against, you might try identifying what you’re for and spending time constructively lifting up what you’re for.  

And I would invite you to be for the things that I am for: love, kindness, welcome, inclusion, oh and did I say love?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: