Sunday, September 11, 2022

Don't leave

I had a dream the other night that I was still the pastor.  I was meeting with six families that were talking seriously about leaving the church over the human sexuality issue.

Some thought we were doing to much to welcome "all kinds."
Some thought that we weren't doing enough.

Anyway, families that I had worked hard to win to the church, families that I had built memories with over the years in work days, mission trips and Sunday mornings, were talking about leaving.

It hurt.  IT HURT!!!

If you are thinking about leaving your church, think about your pastor.  Think about how much he or she loves you.  Think about the relationships, the family.  

Give yourself sometime to work thru what ever you are feeling.  Talk to your Pastor about it.  Heck, talk to me about it.

Please don't leave.  We need you and I would miss you so much.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: