Wednesday, September 21, 2022

focus on the good

Before I get to todays blog, I want to visit my morning prayer again.
Yesterday I woke up, and the first thought on my mind was what I consider the best prayer ever.
"Thank you."

Simply said, thank you, thank you, thank you.  Try it.  Thank you is the best prayer.

Now on to today's blog...

I talked to a friend the other day who is struggling to see the good. So much negativity in the world, so much discord. So much going wrong. It is easy to get sucked into worry.

Here is what I have to say: worry less, love more.

I know you have seen versions of this, but we need to remember, we must remember how good things really are.

“If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, 
a roof over your head and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of the world.
If you have money in the bank, your wallet, 
and some spare change you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.
If you woke up this morning with more health than illness 
you are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.
If you have never experienced the danger of battle, 
the agony of imprisonment or torture, 
or the horrible pangs of starvation 
you are luckier than 500 million people alive and suffering.
If you can read this message you are more fortunate 
than 3 billion people in the world who cannot read it at all.” ~ Unknown

Oh, friends, the next time you are feeling overwhelmed by negativity, please remember the good.  There is so much!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: