Friday, September 16, 2022

Where Oh Where...

So I am packing to fly home. I get most of the packing done the night before, but there is always the morning packing. Toiletries are last. All done, I get to the airport and for some reason I think about my electric razor. Where is it? Oh no, I don’t remember packing it. Over the next hour I go thru the motions in my head. I walk myself thru all of the packing. Is it in the backpack? Is it in the suitcase? Did I leave it in the room? How could I do that? But I don’t remember packing it. I must have left it.

I know right where it is. It is right where I put it. The problem is, I was not paying attention when I packed it or set it down, so I can’t remember.

Side bar… have you lost your keys? They are right where you put them. We need to pay more attention to life. To every day, to every moment.

Now back to the razor. It is a $50 Wahl electric razor. Not a big thing, but I like to keep it around. I am quite fond of it.

So I am on the plane. There are two open seats next to me. I have a row to myself, so I start unpacking the backpack. 40 pounds of junk that I cannot live without is now spread out on the seats next to me.

And voila… there it is!!! That razor. Not lost after all. Packed just as normal. I just wasn’t paying attention.

Each day we have fewer and fewer days left in this life. We should pay attention more.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: