Saturday, December 22, 2007

brush pile part 2

A very dear friend, reminded me in a comment, [see yesterday's post] that I am not always thinking as I should. In her comment, she suggest that maybe I should go to the person's door instead of filing a complaint with the home owners association about the brush pile.

She is right. Maybe I should. Even though this person is a repeat offender, and I have had to clean up after him in the past, maybe I should just go knock on his door.

I can't tho. I am afraid. There is a little kid in me that just can't do it. I don't like confrontations. I hate conflict.

Hey, its almost Christmas, what am I worried about brush for anyway?

There is some real darkness at Christmas. Family problems, work problems, relationship problems. It piles up. I feel it. It is real.

Into this darkness, into this modern day despair, a little light must shine. And so it is Christmas. May the many ways that I have not been a good Christian, be healed by the arrival of the Savior. May all of our despairs be turned into hope.

it's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff,
Thank you for your transparency. We all need to see and feel that in each other. It's okay to be afraid,no one likes confrontation or conflict. So, chances are, your neighbor doesn't either. He probably doesn't know he has complicated anyone's life. He probably thinks he's helping out, trying to fill in that gully back there. I wonder which he would find the most conflicting, his neighbor knocking on his door, or a letter from the homes association saying his neighbor complained, but didn't talk to him about it.
Someone who loves you....