Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Seminar

On the way to a seminar. I need to get smarter. That is why we go to seminars, to get smarter.

I clearly need to get smarter. Take the decision I made to try to save some money by staying in a cheap hotel. I shouldn’t have. This place is scary.

200 rooms, 10 are filled. There is a reason for that. Trash cans catch the drips from leaks in the ceiling in the hallways. Dirty. Upgrades done 30 years ago were done in a way that actually devalued the property. The sink is plugged up. The ceiling tiles in the bathroom are wet from some leak above. The texture is peeling off of the walls.

What do I expect for $49.99? That used to be a lot of money. I guess not any more. Tonight I think I will spend an extra $30 and stay in a room where I am not the only one on the wing.

At moments like this we should pause and find something to be thankful for.

Let's see, what am I thankful for? We live in a land where we can drive state to state without having to show papers. I am healthy. I did sleep well. There is wireless internet in the lobby. And I am thankful that I am leaving in a few to move on down the road.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: