Monday, December 17, 2007

lol

lol = Laugh out loud. This is short hand that the kids use in their text messages. Tonight, I laughed out loud. At myself. It is healthy to be able to laugh at yourself and last night I gave myself a good reason to do so.

Laughter is good medicine. With all of the worry and stress in the world, humor can be a real blessing.

So, here is the story.

This morning at church, I received a nice Christmas gift from one of the ladies who sells Avon products. A small bottle of hand lotion and two flavored chap sticks. One appeared to be lime, the other cherry.

After church at 1215, I emptied my pockets onto my desk and went home. Used bulletins, cough drops, a small bottle of lotion and two chap sticks were left behind.

I was back at church for the 5:00 service. I like going to church on Sunday night a lot, because I can worship. Kris, Clay, Sherri and Gina have the service well in hand and I just get to sit back and enjoy being in church. That is a good thing.

I leave my office to head to the sanctuary. I always take a pen to take notes, a cough drop or two, and this time, I picked up the cherry chap stick. You know, its winter, and in cold weather, a chap stick can be a good friend.

I am a few minutes late to service because I had so show someone how to find the gym. When I arrive, the first song is over, the prayer is over and it is greeting time. I hug a few necks and sit down in the back. It's quiet, it's peaceful. I love going to church in our church.

I pop a cough drop and put on some of the chap stick.

I hear the door open and I turn around to see Lynn coming in. She is looking for a bulletin. I don't know where they are at, so I just give her mine. I think we are done talking so I turn to sit down. She stops me.

You ready for this?

Lynn says, "Jeff you have red lipstick all over your face."

Oops. It wasn't chap stick. I am off to the bathroom to clean up. Funny. I am laughing at myself. It is a deep reddish purple color. Kind of hard to get off too. I am not leaving this bathroom until this stuff is off my face.

I can't believe it. Well, its good to laugh and it is good to laugh at yourself sometimes.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had a really long and stressful day. I'm just finishing a work-related project that I had to do after kids (adult and minors) are in bed. I decided to read your blog and try to think about putting life in perspective.

I was not expecting this story--or anything like it. Thanks for allowing me to laugh, too. I really did lol.

TW

Anonymous said...

I have tears streaming down my face I'm laughing so hard! Thanks for the biggest belly laugh I've had in weeks! Laughter is one of God's best gifts to us, and it is a real blessing that you shared this story with us. Thanks for putting a huge smile on my face!