Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas worry

Worried about something? Bothered about something? Christmas is such a big, busy time, it is very easy to be stressed out about something. I have a few things on my mind.

What to do? We should do the same thing that we always do. Remember Jesus words from the sermon on the mount: "seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, then all these things will be added unto you."

When we remember to think about Jesus, the worries of the day just seem to fade into the background. Try it. Right now, think about Jesus.

Good morning, Lord. I love you. I thank you for the day. I trust you. I praise you. Thank you for all that you do and all that you are.

See how that works? Lets keep our minds set on Him. I feel better already.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Lion's Den Man said...

Jeff,

My grandmother was born in 1905. She lived a long life, 97 years, and it was a life filled with joy…or should I say a filled life. She grew up with 13 other brothers and sisters on a farm in Centralia, Illinois. She was #12. Her family prospered where it mattered. She grew up on second hand clothes and shoes. She grew up watching her father make sure each and every Sunday a family with less came to his home after church for dinner. She and her brothers were happy to receive oranges and other fruit for Christmas. Maybe that is why later in life she spoiled my siblings and I rotten with food. Simpler times no doubt.

One Christmas, a few years before she passed away we were opening gifts………..ok more like an explosion of boxes and paper. So much going on…so fast….it was the typical blur of present giving and receiving. In the middle of all the chaos I overheard her say to my mom in a very soft and sad voice, “this seems almost sinful” and she was right.

Good Sermon today Jeff. Hopefully there isn’t a backlash. It didn’t hurt one of us to hear it or read your blog from Saturday. When I hear messages like that it makes me think of my grandmother and her values. She was as a blessing in my life.

Peace,
Lion's Den Man