Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fog

Fog. It is kind of hard to explain. Mist, vapor, a cloud that you can't see thru. Hot and cold combine in ways that create shady, misty, fog.

The fog rolls in and the fog rolls out. The fog sneaks in and sits around for a while, and then, the fog lifts. I can't explain it. the fog is here, and then it's gone. When the fog lifts, a beautiful day is exposed.

When the fog rolls into your life it can feel like the gloom will never go away. But do not underestimate the power of our God to heal the heart and help you see thru the mist to the blue sky.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am reminded of "Joe Versus the Volcano" and Tom Hanks was diagnosed with a "Brain Cloud". A Brain Cloud was a terminal condition. I wonder if there is not some truth in that.

Anonymous said...

And when the fog enshrouds everything around us, and we can't see anything but the fog... "if it wasn't for the lighthouse, where would my ship be?"

Anonymous said...

Interesting timing . . . I was at the lake this week for 3 days. I (simultaneously) watched the sun rise above the fog (about 7:15 Tuesday morning) and listened to the birds sing and read your blog . . . that fog lifted and it was a beautiful day and I heard the birds singing and I did see the good (literally) . . . just like you always say.