Tuesday, October 19, 2010

H4EO

I have a friend that goes by the call sign "H4EO." It is his identity on his google sign in and it is on the bottom of any email that you receive from him. Do you know what it stands for?

Think on it for a moment. H4EO. Don't feel bad, I had to ask. It stands for "here for each other." this person is passionately committed to the idea that we are here to be in Christian community. That how we treat each other is vitally important.

Over the years I have learned much from this person. I have often considered and remembered his call sign. It is one of those ideas that I wish I would have thought of. Here for each other.

I hope that you feel the love of your Christian friends. I hope that you are giving that love away.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good. H4EO

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very clever--I love it. ; )

Anonymous said...

Another good one . . . KLU . . . I have a cousin who is an alcoholic. He is from a wonderful family with loving parents and somehow just took a hard path. He is now doing great and living at home with his parents who love him dearly. He says this is the first time in so long that he feels "safe" . . . he is 52. Sounds odd, but it is good. Anyhow, my uncle always tells him "keep looking up" . . . meaning trusting in and following God. I just love that. KLU . . . I may start using it too (hoping people will ask like you did to your friend). kb

BBass said...

My 7 year old granddaughter was wearing a sign around her neck yesterday that said IALAC. She asked me what I thought it meant and I said I Am Lazy And Crazy. She made it at school and said it stood for I Am Lovable And Capable. I should have asked and not guessed.

Anonymous said...

KB's comment above, reminded me of something a friend sent me when I was battling breast cancer. It was a little enclosure card that said "When you feel down; look up!" To this day I still have that card on my kitchen counter. Thank you Marilea, if you happen to read this!

And...I always wondered what the H4EO stood for. Now we all know. Meaningfully clever!
mah