Saturday, October 2, 2010

posting

I have to be honest, I am pooped out. Between family issues and pressure at work, I am struggling to find daily thoughts for a blog. I am sure that my struggle has been more than evident over the past few weeks. I feel like i barely have enough inspiration for Sunday, much less having to post something every day.

I guess there is something to be said for being honest enough to tell you these things, but I doubt that it provides much of a sense of inspiration. There are times in life when everyone plods along and I am not going to lie about that. I am not depressed, everything is fine, but my brain and heart are routinely overcome with garbage lately. The trash truck is making it's rounds.

And so today, i am going to work at Hillcrest in the morning, then in the afternoon I am going to finish a sermon. When you think about it, that is not a bad day's effort.

It is still a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, there's just something about physical work, like your doing today at Hillcrest, that is energizing. God bless you for helping such a good cause.

And, one of the tihngs that sets your blog apart from many other blogs is that you have a Woods Chapel "family" you can be gut level honest with.

Inspiration is a two-way street, and it must be a burden to think that 365 days a year, your blog job is to inspire people. I hope that sometimes the inspiration is returned to you, when the garbage truck is motoring.

If you get up some morning, and all you write in your blog is "It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good," please realize how inspiring and motivational that one sentence at the end of your blog is, each day.

Garbage trucks are just a part of human life here on earth. At least they are on our street once a week, or more. I'm glad they come around, because everything looks so much cleaner when they've done their work.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

"One" of the things that makes you so loved by all involved with WCC is that you are honest. When we are struggling we can think, "Jeff struggles and yet finds peace with God and the world around him, so can I."

Anonymous said...

We ALL love you and understand! Take care of you. kb

Anonymous said...

I guess that ol' garbage truck goes everywhere! But, even still, so does our God! Thank you to WCC and to YOU for helping me feel God, even when the truck pulls up!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I was just thinking about last week's sermon. Again. Or is that "still"? Very powerful stuff that has me doing some serious prayerful reflection. Totally inspiring. If THAT is the result of feeling like you barely have enough inspiration, we are in big trouble when you find it. ;-) You are an amazing leader, person, friend and pastor. You are also human, which contributes to your success in reaching us. It helps us to know that we aren't the only ones struggling. Thanks for being honest. But know that many of us aspire on our best days to be you on your worst. I'm really glad this is anonymous so you know that I mean it from the heart and that I'm not just sucking up. :)