Saturday, October 30, 2010

wierd things people like

Friday is my day off. That usually means working around the house, sometimes a trip to the office, and it still entails sermon work. Friday night usually finds Jeff and Cathy going to dinner and catching up, since she is gone all the time.

One of the weird things that I like to do, is paint the house. And the best month to paint the house is October. Yesterday I painted one side. It was awesome. So much fun. Is that weird or what? Jeff M says, paint one side of your house every year. It's not too hard and then your home is always in good shape.

Yesterday I did it all. Caulk. Stir the paint. Climb the ladders. Brush. Roll. It is beautiful. It is an odd thing to like, but at the same time I think it is nice that I am so easily amused.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I think painting is very theraputic. You get all that time to think and at the same time, accomplish something you can be proud of. It's not weird--it's good.

H4EO said...

Painting is a good time to practice your patience. You can only go as fast as the project allows. It is also very reinforcing to look back at any moment and see the results of your efforts.

But what I really like is the times when it allows my mind to wonder. You can find sanity in solitude but the real trick is to find solitude when surounded by insanity.

I am glad you enjoy your moments alone, they are hard to find in todays world.

Old painters never retire - they just paint for free. Maybe I will head up to church this morning to help with the work day.

Anonymous said...

Come fix my bathroom sink. It's clogged. I bet you'd enjoy it :)

Love,
# 1

Anonymous said...

Mine desperately needs to be painted outside! and I'm afraid of heights, so needless to say I can't accomplish the whole thing.

Tonia