Friday, October 29, 2010

voting

I don't know if I am alone on this, but I am having some different thoughts about my voting habits. In the past, I voted for who I thought was the best candidate to represent my views on particular issues. I voted for people that I thought were good people. I voted for random people from both parties. Over the years, they have all contributed to our budget problems.

Now I just have one issue. Balance the budget. Stop the spending. End the fiscal irresponsibility. I am going to vote for the people that I think will do that. And, if they spend the next few years ignoring my desires for fiscal responsibility, then I will vote them out, and vote someone else in, regardless of their position on the hot button issues.

If our country can't pay the bills, we will fall into a downward spiral. It won't matter if someone represents your side if we are bankrupt. We need to get our feet back on the ground and make some good financial decisions. I blame both parties. Who ever we vote into power next week, they better get it. If they don't get it, next time, I will vote them out.

If I ran my home the way we have run our country for the last 40 years, [both parties] we would be homeless. If the finances at the church were handled the way that our senators and reps have handled America's, the church would be closed.

The right thing to do is the right thing to do, and it is time for us to make some good decisions, regardless of how painful they may be.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on. When do we draft Dave Ramsey for President? With the amount of debt the U. S. has, he's beyond the Tea Party. He'll want us to all drink water, particularly in DC, and not pay for Tea Bags, until we balance the budget.

Two votes for Dave

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

I read this and thought of your blog post so went back a few days to find it and decided to post for you to share or keep for yourself. Make sense tho!

There recently was an article in the St. Petersburg, Fl. Times. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on: "How Would You Fix the Economy?" I think this guy nailed it!

Dear Mr. President,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan":

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN Car. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

It can't get any easier than that!!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes..

Mr. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!