Monday, October 25, 2010

Kris Bartman

In case you have not heard the news, I wanted to share it here.

Our beloved music director, Kris Bartman, has accepted a job in North Carolina and will be moving there with his family after Christmas. In North Carolina, Kris and Jennifer will have the support of several family members as they continue to raise their wonderful family.

Shock, grief, acceptance. There are stages that we will go through. After the initial shock, you feel grief. When you understand that this is good for the family, it is easier to move to acceptance. After that, we start praying, "Lord, what is next?" At some point we come to remember that although this is tough, God is not leaving our church.

As your pastor, I can empathize with how you feel. Over the years I have watched as several fine staff people moved on to other adventures and some wonderful members moved to other towns. It is always difficult. Change always is. But, God is with us, and he still makes all things beautiful in his time.

Be sure to hug Kris and Jennifer and thank them for all they have done for Woods Chapel.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jeff. I so needed to hear this. Through the sadness I do have to keep reminding myself that this must be God's plan for Kris and Jennifer. Family is so important, especially when you are nurturing five children. I wish them God speed. Betty

Anonymous said...

Kris Bartman...what a huge hole he's going to leave in the heart of WCC. I'm afraid if I hug any member of the Bartman family, I won't want to let go. They are an incredibly beautiful family that will be missed dearly.

Montreat Presbyterian Church, you've got an amazing gift coming your way. ; )