Thursday, April 21, 2011

breaking bread

Jesus spent so much time enjoying food with people that the Pharisees called him a glutton. He did it because it was time well spent... Community... If you get the chance today, share a meal with someone. Slow things down for a bit. Take your time to enjoy fellowship. Celebrate! Pray and give thanks. Find peace. Most of all remember....

When it was time, he sat down, all the apostles with him, and said, "You've no idea how much I have looked forward to eating this Passover meal with you before I enter my time of suffering. It's the last one I'll eat until we all eat it together in the kingdom of God." Luke 14-16 Msg.

And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” Luke 22:19 NIV


Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

No comments: