Friday, April 22, 2011

gifts

The other day I received a gift. There was no special reason or occasion. I think the person who gave me the gift just felt like doing so….I used to struggle with things like that. I felt like I needed to give back something...pay back the debt...keep things balanced so to speak. But, that’s not how it works. You can never equal the heart or the spirit in the giving of the first gift. You can, however, pay it forward.

It can be hard to accept something for free. Grace is like that, it is given…you can’t pay it back, but you can pay it forward.

Ephesians 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,


Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lion's Den man, you do a great job of posting when Jeff needs a break. I enjoy and grow spiritually, from what you share.

Jeff is blessed to have backup of the quality of writings you share.

Thanks.