Tuesday, April 19, 2011

skunk

Last night I ran over a skunk.  I did not actually hit it, someone else took care of that.  It was just out in the middle of the road, dead, and my car travelled over it.

Odd thing.  My car immediately filled up with the joyful aroma of skunk.  Ahh.  Savor it.

There are several morals from this story.

1.  sometimes just getting close to trouble is bad enough.
2.  you can think you have dodged a problem when you have not.
3.  given enough time, the smell will leave and you will have your life back.
4.  steer clear, way clear of the bad stuff.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Great analogy.

For the record, I like the aroma of dead skunk--the mild aroma from a distance. Hmmm...maybe I should analize that. ; )

Anonymous said...

be sure to SMELL the good!

--brian

Chili Pepper said...

This is just rich.....really. Love the analogies you drew as they are right on and easy to relate tobdaily life. thank you for taking time to write to us every morning...I just started reading and am so enjoying...