Tuesday, April 5, 2011

nothing

Sometimes there is nothing that you can do. I can't control it, I can't fix it. I am not even on the playing field. I am not invited to the party. I am not in the circle that gets to speak to the thing.

All I can do is pray. But sometimes my praying seems to be an effort on my part to fix it or control it, and I realize that this is wrong, this is manipulative. I have not yet put the thing into God's hands. When I do put it in the hands of God, I trust him and I rest in him.

My praying becomes about being with him, not fixing the thing. There is nothing else that I can do but trust him. Thankfully, that is enough. So I must go on living and just understand that I can't fix everything and -

it is still a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could take away your pain, Jeff. Life is what it's called and thing has to make its own choices and live with its own consequences sometimes so it can grow up and be responsible. Maybe it is growing its wings in the process and maybe God has a plan for it . . . we can only hope. kb