Saturday, April 16, 2011

tickled

Wednesday night I went home after Bible study and got to watching a movie that just tickled me.  You know that thing that happens to us from time to time where you just can't stop laughing, just can't stop grinning.

My Dad had a certain kind of laugh and I heard it coming out of me all night long.  I got to thinking about him and how he would get to laughing at the Honeymooners.  He always drank coke floats.  So, I went to the kitchen and made one.  I watched the movie, giggled and drank a coke float.

It was great.  Just pure joy.  An unbridled gift.  A surprise moment of enjoyment.  Thank you God.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is the giver of joy, to His children. There will be more of those for you. You can count on it. That one sounded like fun.

Sharon said...

That's just great--I love it. You didn't mention the movie, but I can relate to the Coke float and your dad watching the Honeymooners. Ralph and Norton were a couple of hilarious characters.

Last night I fixed me some popcorn and turned on America's Funniest Home Videos. I laughed so hard I almost choked on the popcorn, which can be dangerous when you live alone, and I was totally aware of how good it felt. I make it a point to look for the joy and laughter in everything around me and avoid the "downers" when I can. So far, so good. ; )