Tuesday, May 31, 2011

can I buy that?

You have heard the stories.  Someone shows up on your front door and asks to buy your home, sight unseen for double the value.  This actually happened to someone that I know.  A helicopter landed in the street in front of their house and someone offered them over a million dollars for their home.  They sold their house and moved.

So I have this secret thought that one day someone is going to just randomly offer to buy something at twice the value.  Come on, its a good story.

So last week I was wearing a Royals jersey.  So many jerseys are  time sensitive.  They have colors that are out of date or a player's name that is no longer with the team.  This jersey is just generic.  Dark royal blue, no number, no name.  It's cool.  I like it.

So I am leaving a restaurant and this person comes up to me and wants to buy it.  "How much for your jersey?  I will buy it right now."  I shook my head.  They insisted.  They would make me a good offer.  I shook my head and walked away.

I don't know why, it only cost $35, but I don't think I would sell it for $200.  I guess that there are just some things that you can't put a price on.  There are some things that money just can't buy.

The one time in my life when someone wants to randomly buy something that I own and I turn them down.  For some reason, I feel good about that.  Money isn't everything.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I would have bought this story except for the fact that the subject was a Royals shirt. You've got to come up with a better one than that. ; )

ChiliPepper said...

Love this...so true. Money can't bring the same enjoyment that favorite things can. Money is just money.