Sunday, May 15, 2011

home from the mission trip

Last night I got home from the Jamaican dental mission trip at 730pm.  Finished the sermon and went to bed.  Thank you to my long time friend, Lions Den man, for posting while I was gone.  This week I will be posting an account of the trip log, day by day.  It will give you a very different view of Jamaica than what we see on the television ads.

Today as you prepare to come to worship, I want to tell you about something I read.  It reminded me that God is everywhere.  At every church, in every field, everywhere.  When we don't recognize him, it is usually because we are focused on our own problems, our own issues, our own stuff. 

God is at Woods Chapel today.  Come to worship and focus on Him.  Hear God's words of love and encouragement.  Turn your eyes upon Jesus.  Look full in his wonderful face.  And the things of earth, well they grow strangely dim, in the light of his glory and grace.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: