Monday, May 2, 2011

Usama

I awake this day with mixed feelings at the news of the death of Usama Bin Laden.  Gosh we finally got this guy.  What a murderous fool.  Man I don't understand his hatred. I am glad that he is gone.  What will God do with someone like that?  It is a great day for America.

I also feel sad that people hate each other.  I feel bad for the conflict that has surrounded this man.  I wish his death would put an end to the violence, but we did not kill Bonnie and Clyde.  There are many more people that hate Americans.

So can I thank God that he is gone?  Sure I think we can.  But I am also praying for a better day.  A day when our children and our children's children can live in this world in peace.  When all will come to know the love of Jesus Christ.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Glenda A said...

I'm so glad u posted this! I have been struggling with it as Wallace praying for all. I did not expect these mixed emotions.

Donna Jones said...

Jeff, I too have mixed feelings about the news of Bin Laden's death. Mine go between relief for one less evil person amoungst us to worry about to shame for celebrating a human beings death. I find I can't join in any celebrating but I can pray that our gracious LORD will handle Bin Laden's soul according to HIS plan.

Anonymous said...

And looks can be so deceiving! He looks like such a kind, gentle man. I look into his eyes and they seem so peaceful. SCARY!