Friday, May 13, 2011

hectic

My days are pretty full right now. I am not real open to interruptions to my daily plan or to invitations to do something else even if that thing may be a very good thing and one I should consider....neither of which is good.

I have a friend in the same boat who I compare, in a jokingly way, my to do list with. Both our plates are full...we say we need bigger plates, a better schedule or game plan, and we find ourselves sleeping less to make more hours available to get things done.

Crazy how life gets at times. Sometimes it is just the way it is and sometimes the craziness is self inflicted. Before you know it the day is over the week has gone it is summer not spring and so on.

Brian Swanson did a great sermon on this years ago. I call it his "Executive Day Planner" sermon. In it he speaks about all the good he has planned for the day and his plan to make sure it happens, but his determination and focus on his plan makes him blind to what God places before him throughout the day. Needless to say it has stuck with me ever since. If you missed it maybe we can get him to give it again.

Point is... I shouldn't schedule or make time to "smell the roses". I should just slow down and leave time to do so. Prayer helps me do that. It slows me down, puts my life on hold for a little while and then gets it back on track. This takes me back to yesterdays post....It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good...and while you're at it maybe slow down and take the time to thank Him for it as well.


BTW...Jeff will be back at WCC Sunday

Now the funny thing about this post is I woke up early today to write it so I could move on my "plan" for the day only to discover Blogger was under repairs today....hence the late post. Yesterday's post was deleted during the repair time so I posted it again. As Forest says, "It happens".


Peace,
Lion's Den Man

No comments: