Tuesday, May 3, 2011

a direct line

The other day, east bound I-70 was closed.  My daughters had been in the Plaza area and heard the news on the radio.  They called me to see if it was true [like I would know].  I happened to be sitting in front of the computer.  I asked them to hold the line.  I went on the web to Channel 9's website and saw that yes, it was true, east bound I-70 was closed at Sterling.  They asked me how they should come home.  I asked them were they were.  On Van Brunt by the VA hospital.

I switched over to mapquest.  I scrolled in on that part of town.  I told them to turn right off of Van Brunt onto 31st and it will turn into 40 highway.  That is all I needed to say because they can find their way home from there.

Now, prayer is great, but don't you wish sometimes you could get that specific and clear of instructions?  Dear God, what is going on? 
Well son, its like this. 
Well God, how do I get there? 
Well son, take this turn, follow this road and it will take you back to framiliar territory. 
Ok, thanks.  You are the best.

I guess we have to take joy in the fact that part of our relationship with God involves discernment and trust.  Sometimes you know what is going on.  Sometimes you think you know what is going on, but don't.  The rest of the time, we pray, we think, and we exercise our free will trusting that God walks with us and celebrates our life with us.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: