Sunday, May 29, 2011

survivors guilt

Today as we prepare for worship services, I can't help but think of our friends in Joplin who have lost so much.  Today, my friend Aaron Brown will be holding church in a gym nearby because St. Paul's UMC has been destroyed.

I feel so bad for them.  But I know that in times of great need, grace rushes in.  I know that today as they pray and share their stories, God will fill that gym in a very special way.

Please pray for our friends in Joplin and be willing to help as you are led by the Holy Spirit.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I may have seen a photo of your friend, Aaron, on the screens in the lobbies today...not sure.

Everyone has asked about Joplin, evryone has asked about helping. But I've been wanting to ask about your friend Aaron, and his family. Did his own family escape the ravages of damage to their home or automobiles, or personal injury?

Anonymous said...

Powerful sermon today, Jeff. Thank you so. Betty