Sunday, May 8, 2011

when it all falls away

Our minds are so full of worry.  So upset about so many things.  Concerned about money, things and people.  Worried about situations, circumstances and tomorrow.  Even though Jesus told us not to worry, we spend way too much time doing it.

Have you noticed this?  I have noticed something lately.  Worry gets in the way of love.  When I am worried, I am focused on the object of worry.  I am concerned with myself.  Love is covered up with the junk of life.

When I stop worrying about things, love rises to the top.  When I let go of the things that are on my mind, or just decide to relax, love appears.  Like it has always been there, just waiting for me to let go of the other things.  I can feel it now as I write this, how love rises to fill our hearts and minds when we stop worrying.

Let all the stuff fall away.  We can't add an hour to our life by worrying anyway.  Let it go.  Let love rise to the top.  It is right there, waiting for the chance.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very true Jeff. Thanks for sharing.

H4EO said...

Good words for all of us to live by. I will try anew to release that which stops me from being a conduit of love.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

when we get out of the way, the Holy Spirit is free to work in our lives.