Friday, September 16, 2011

adult children

This week has been a good week for my adult children.  Do you ever stop worrying about them?  My oldest is so dog gone independent, I often don't hear form her for weeks at a time.  I have to text her and ask if she is still alive.  Daughter #2 sold her car, bought a car, took care of all the paperwork, and survived the DMV.  Son in Kentucky is now gainfully employed in two jobs.

I have always believed in work.  It sounds a little boring, but if you can get a job and hold a job, you can solve your other life problems on the nights and weekends.  Today, for the first time in a long time, all three of my kids are in the saddle, 40 hours per week.  For some reason, as a father, that makes me very happy.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have five, they oldest is 54, the youngest is 42. I worry about them every day.
Walt