Saturday, September 24, 2011

what song?

Baseball is over for another year.  At least for teams like the Royals that did not make the playoffs.  I attended a game this week.  The weather was great, and I sure do enjoy baseball.

One of the things that I have learned is that the music that is played in the stadium when a batter comes to the plate is chosen by the batter.  Consequently, when Billy Butler comes to the plate, you always hear country music.  When some of the Hispanic players come to the plate, you often hear Latino tunes.  The really young players choose songs that I do not recognize.

So the thought occurred to me.  Let's say that you and I were actually good hitters and we were coming to the plate for our turn to bat.  What song would you pick?  I am thinking........... how about:

Centerfield by John Fogerty or
We will rock you by Queen or
Tonight's gonna be a good night by the Black Eyed Peas.

It sure would be a fun moment.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo, I can assure you that if I stepped up to the plate, the music title would be right back to your posts the last couple of days. Song Title "It's The End of the World." (choose your artist.)