Monday, July 8, 2013

Annual Conference

The Annual Conference of the Missouri United Methodist Church was held this year on June 7-10.  The conference is a time of reports and voting and worship and rekindling of friendships.  This year, I was asked by the Bishop to deliver the Sunday morning sermon to the conference. 

The service was held at the Juanita Hammonds center on the campus of Southwest Missouri State in Springfield.  I have now had several members give me grief over the fact that no one was informed of this.  Good natured grief, but a disappointment that no one was told.  Some would have prayed for me, others said that they would have gone to participate had they known.

I apologize to you, and this is my fault.  It was quite an honor, and I just could not find a way to tell you that I was asked to do this, without it sounding self-promoting.  It still feels a little funny to post this. 

So some of our musicians went down and led worship, and I got to preach, and here is the link if you want to listen.  The topic for the conference was "praying hands and dirty fingernails."  This topic was from a blog the bishop wrote about how true prayer drives us to the work of the kingdom.

Here is the link if you would like to listen:


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're proud that people beyond our own church doors got to be blessed by taking in what I heard was an outstanding message.

We're glad that God could bless their hearts through what you shared. And we're proud that you and God received a standing ovation for sharing what God laid on your heart.