Saturday, July 27, 2013

Book

My favorite book of all time is Walking on Water by Anthony Demello.  It is for sale in the church bookstore for $2 over our cost.  Demello died at the age of 56 in 1986.  He was a Catholic priest from India.  He grew up around Buddhists, Muslims, and the very poor.  His book is a delightful picture of a life paradigm that offers busy Americans more peace, freedom, happiness and joy.  If you are looking for a book to read, this one changed my life.

I put this book in the hands of many people.  Here is what one reader recently wrote to me about the book.  And yes, the book is really this good....

The book you shared with me is amazing! I can see why you re-read it a couple of times a year. I wish I had had it about 6 years ago. It answers many questions I have had for a long time. I was able to identify with a lot of the difficulties mentioned in the book. I very much appreciated the answers and illustrations to assist me. I definitely had lived the "robot" life while being in a state of fear and anxiety.... just trying to holding on .......

I am trying to figure out who I am and who God created me to be. Because I was in turmoil and numb for so long, in some ways I feel like a child just learning about the world around me...a kind of re-birth. I don't know if that makes any sense. It has been so long since I have been able to stop and smell the roses (live in the present) and even know what it is like to be truly loved by someone who accepts me for who I am. ....... I am going to have to work at re-framing my thoughts as I know that God's purpose for my life is still being revealed. I believe the exercises in the book will help me reconnect with God in a way that I have never been able to do before. That is exciting!


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: