Sunday, July 7, 2013

quiet

Quiet.  Shh.  Sometimes quiet is good.  It is peaceful.  It is good for the soul.  When I was a child, my father used to tell me that I talked too much.  Imagine that!  When I was a teenager, he would sometimes say, "Jeff, you just don't know when to shut up."

That always kind of bothered me, until I got older, and then it started to make sense.  Imagine that!  Something that my father said, made sense as I got older.

Sometimes words don't help.  Sometimes walking away from an argument is better.  Sometimes a hug to a friend who is hurting is better than untimely words.  Pat answers never help.  At times, your presence may be more important than your opinion in a marriage.

Quiet.  There are many good reasons for it.  Most of us need more of it.  Shh.  Be still and know that I am God. Ps. 46:10

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.