Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I loved this, part one

To what I posted on Saturday about Barry Manilow and such, I received this comment, which I dearly loved.  I am going to write about it for a couple of days.  Here is the comment:

Okay Jeff, I suspect that in your job you are often reminded that you are accountable for holding to Methodist beliefs, and "doing what Methodists do."

From a layperson's perspective, although I'm a member at WCC, I rarely if never spend any time thinking about or defending the fact the I'm a Methodist.

I continually identify with being a Christian in a world where other believers live out their faith in Jesus Christ in various Christian denominations. If someone takes the Jesus factor out and who He is and wants to be in our lives, that's where I would begin to find issues.

I don't even feel like a Methodist, if there's supposed to be something unique about being one. In fact, I cannot find the word Methodist, Presbyterian, Assembly of God, Baptist, or whatever, in the Bible.


Part one- I love how you readers read this blog stuff and are usually smarter than I am.  This person hit the nail on the head!  We must always be open to hearing from and learning from others.  This person's comments were right on the mark.  Who is speaking into your thoughts?  Is your brain open?  Is your life paradigm open?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, if my comments were a blessing to you, I want to assure you that the blessing cannot compare in size, to the blessing you are to me and to others at WCC.

God loves you dearly and so do we.