Tuesday, July 2, 2013

surprise!

Every now and then we get a very big surprise.  I had one the other night.  My entire family of five went out to dinner at La Fuente.  Anytime we do this, I end up with the bill and it is usually $80 or so.

The other night when we were done, I asked for the bill.  The server said that our bill had been paid.  I asked by who.  He looked at my daughter Jenny.  She smiled.

JENNY PAID THE BILL!!  Jenny is 24. 

This is so exciting for me on several fronts.  First of all, Jenny has a job and makes enough money to pay the bill.  Secondly, Jenny manages her money in a way that she is able to pay the bill.  Finally, and the biggest thing of all is this:  Jenny wanted to pay the bill.

I was a very proud parent.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the investment business it's called ROI. And your sweet family experienced ROI on two levels.

ROI for Jenny in the fun of doing something for people you love deeply.

ROI for Jeff and Cathy on all the raising some real good kids.

Anonymous said...

And oh yes, what say we get the name of this restaurant changed to La Fleubrinkman. Kind of a catchy name, don't you think?