Wednesday, August 27, 2014

a reminder of what this blog is about - -

Occasionally I get comments or complaints that this blog is not serious enough.  Some think it is not funny enough.  Others want it to be more personal.  I am sorry but I can't promise any of that.  I am not an entertainer, and sometimes, I don't feel spiritual.  Do you always feel spiritual?  What I simply strive for every day is to write about something that is on my mind.  I hope that is enough, because I don't have anything else to offer.  I have never been able to make people happy that wanted Super-Pastor.  I am just Jeff.  That is why in the side bar of the blog web page I have this disclaimer in purple:

This blog is the occasional ramblings of Jeff Brinkman, a United Methodist Pastor.  When Jeff cannot post, some of his buds take over.  This blog may or may not inspire, may or may not be humorous, but will always be honest.  This blog is Jeff's attempt to remind himself and others that God is greater than anything, and if we just look hard enough, we can see the good in life, and if we slow down and listen, we can hear the birds sing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your blog everyday. The humorous, the serious, the inspiring, the silly. All the ramblings that come from a great man that has taught me more about God's love than he'll ever know. Keep blogging my friend.

Anonymous said...

Give me a break! I hope the whiner types don't discourage you for one minute.

Your blog is not only interesting, well-rounded, full of good teaching, sometimes some encouragement to go up a step and do better, sometimes silly and fun, but above all open and honest.

Most people who whine about such trivial things, are second guessing something they've never tried doing themselves. They need to try doing a blog of their own for as many days, hours, and years as you have, and have people who make it their daily must read, as you do.

Maybe they just simply don't have enough to do, and need to follow the sometimes given advice on your blog to "get busy, get involved, and help someone."

Keep posting Jeff.