Wednesday, August 6, 2014

redwoods

Many of you know that it has been a real blessing to me to visit the redwood forests in California.  Well, actually, we cut most of the redwood forests in the 1800's.  What we have today are mostly preserves or redwood parks.  Pockets of them, here and there, that a few foresighted people were able to save.

Anyway, I try to go every year to a camp in the redwoods.  I take a pile of books and try to digest the books and renew my spirit.  The redwood forest is really an amazing place.  Being in it is much like sitting by a fountain, a fire, or the beach.  The place speaks to a person's spirit.  I have recommended the journey to so many, and I have asked my family to scatter my ashes there.

A friend of ours is out in the forest now, and from the pictures and the notes, they are finding the soul of God, as I always do when I get to go.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: