Saturday, August 2, 2014

memory lane

with my sister Julie - 1962?
A month ago my sister gave me two boxes that she had kept in her basement unopened, since Dad died.  They sat in my car until yesterday.  I opened them finally and found a treasure trove of pictures.

Mom as a child.  Mom in high school.  Mom with the boy she almost married but didn't.  [Wow was that a surprise!]
 Us kids as little ones.  Vacations that we remembered, but had no pictures of.  Pictures of my children that we had never seen.  Pictures of vacations that mom and dad went on by themselves after we were gone.

Happy, sad, melancholy.  They lived.  They had their dreams.  They went on to their eternal rest.  It seems so unfair.  But let me say this:  In many of the pictures, they were happy.  They were young and happy.  They were old and happy.  There is something to say for that.

Don't be in a big hurry friends.... it all goes by so quickly.  Seize the moment.  Live the day.  See the good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And in this picture Jeff looks like such a good little boy. What happened (ha.)

Glad you have them. Feels sad to go through these, but it's good you found the happy factor. Good post.