Thursday, August 28, 2014

why?

How we look at life is so important.  It is human nature to ask, "why me?"  We often ask this when things that we perceive as bad happen to us.


One of my favorite movies is "Awakenings" from 1990 with Robin Williams.  Part of the story line is about a boy who becomes sick.  In one scene his mother says this:


When my son was born healthy, I never asked why. Why was I so lucky? What did I do to deserve this perfect child, this perfect life? But when he got sick, you can bet I asked why! I demanded to know why! Why was this happening?


Instead of asking why something is wrong, maybe we should ask our selves things like this:  Why can I see?  Why does my spouse love me?  Why can I think straight?  Why do I have friends?  Why was I born in America?  Why do I have enough food?


How we look at life is so important.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: