Saturday, August 23, 2014

can't sleep

This does not happen to me very often, but I am wide awake and it is the middle of the night.  I am asking myself why.  What is going on with my body?  With my brain?  The sermon is in pretty good shape, I am not worried about that.  I have a song stuck in my head from the movie Pitch Perfect, but I don't think it is keeping me awake.  Nothing on my old carcass hurts.  Not sure why I can't sleep, but here I am.

Maybe there is a tremor in the force.  You know, one of those odd things, almost a spiritual thing that just seems to reach in and grab you some times. 

I am thinking about my sister.  Not sure why.  I guess I will call them both tomorrow and make sure they are ok.

Sometimes in life things aren't perfect.  If there is not a problem, there is sometimes a foreboding, a worry, a premonition.  Who knows?  Or it might just be the pizza I ate last night.  Except I didn't eat pizza.  I hope I can take a nap this afternoon.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: