Saturday, August 16, 2014

from a friend


In response to Robin Williams’ suicide, a friend shared these thoughts-

And the most important things to remember are:

1)      You do not walk alone…  God is always with you and if you’re a member of this church – you have friends, too

2)      Tomorrow will be another day and things can get better.  There is always hope.

I think that people who commit suicide feel there is no hope – how sad.  With God – all things are possible – and if you give it enough time – God will work things out.

I have to wonder how many people have committed suicide – but would have chosen not to – if they had just waited a day.  The sun would shine.  The birds would fly.  God’s good would be revealed and they might have changed their minds.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is important to remember that depression is an illness causing chemical imbalances in the brain. It is not as simple as choosing to be happy. It is an illness! It is not the same as being sad, being down in the dumps or feeling sorry for yourself. I know it is hard for people who haven't experienced it to understand, but it is crippling and it is miserable. It is a terrible affliction to have. As someone who has been fighting it for 20 years, and believe me, it is a fight, I wish people would get that it is not my choice to be sad. I love my family very much and on behalf of them I make the choice every day to keep trying. It is not easy.