Tuesday, August 12, 2014

refine or define

This quote, sent by a friend, reminded me of the challenge of seeing the good.  Is life a problem, or is my attitude about life the problem? 

One of my favorite authors says something that I both love and hate...... "if you have a problem with someone, then you have a problem."  The point of that saying is that so often we blame others and see the source of our discomfort as coming from others, when in fact we have much more control over our actions and responses than we might think.  I love it because it challenges me, I hate it because it is so very difficult and it forces me to take responsibility for myself.  As my mother would have said, no one makes you mad, you choose to be mad.

Refine or define.  What are you allowing the things that come to you in this life to do to you?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: