Wednesday, May 27, 2015

disappointment

Disappointment.  We all know it.  Sometimes we make the mistake of wallowing in it.  Poor me.  That thing did not go my way.  Poor me - my life has not turned out the way I had hoped.  Poor me -  my Cinderella expectations have not been met.  It's not fair!!

Into every life a little disappointment will fall.  We have a choice.  Some people let disappointment in and marry it.  They usually become sad, bitter and depressed.  Life just did not line up to make them happy.

Others choose to acknowledge the disappointment and move on.  Yes that is not exactly as I would like it, but life is still good and I am going to give life my best.

Don't let disappointment have it's way with you.  You have your way with it.  Look past it.  See the good. 

It is after all a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But pastor, some people have more than their fair share of disappointment and heartache? Life certainly isn't fair but for some its a constant struggle and simply deciding they'll see the good in all of this doesn't really matter for most. There's to much of a self help mentality in most churches today, believing their mind and attitude can change everything. What people really need is to see Gods love extended to them through other people, makes sense to me.